“The Star-Spangled Banner” doesn’t quite resemble your typical chamber music repertoire, but it served as a most appropriate song selection for another historic and special occasion for Indiana University here in Seoul. Members of the IU Chamber Orchestra continued their Asian debut in Seoul with a concert this evening at U.S. Garrison Yongsan, the headquarters […] Read more »
Welcome to the IU Goes to Asia blog. We hope you will visit this blog often for stories and insights into IU’s trip to this important and rapidly changing region of the world, as well as additional information about IU’s vast international resources and numerous connections to Asia.
On the Ground
A member of IU's communications team for more than a decade, Piurek currently serves as director of strategic communications at IU Bloomington. As a graduate of the IU School of Journalism, Piurek helps coordinate media coverage for the university and keeps Hoosiers informed about the teaching, research, and creative activities of IU faculty, students, and staff. Piurek is a Connecticut native who has been living in Bloomington for 15 years, with past experience in newspaper reporting, public relations, marketing, advertising, and copywriting.
- ANU-IU Pan Asia Institute
- Chinese Flagship Program
- Confucius Institute at IUPUI
- Department of Central Eurasian Studies
- Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- East Asian Collection at IU Libraries
- East Asia National Resource Center Consortium
- East Asian Studies Center
- Korean Language Program at IU
- Research Center for Chinese Politics & Business