The following guest post was written by Rahaf Safi, who served as IU’s presidential intern in 2013-14 and accompanied members of the IU delegation on the trip to Turkey. Additional biographical information on Safi is included below. Since graduating from Indiana University in the spring, I moved to Jordan to provide support for organizations aiding […] Read more »
Welcome to the IU Goes to Turkey: Presidential Trip 2014 blog. We hope you will visit this blog often for firsthand, real-time coverage of IU’s trip to this important country, one with a rich cultural, educational, historical, and political legacy. Check here for additional information on IU’s international resources and numerous connections to Turkey and the surrounding region.
On the Ground
A member of IU's communications team for more than a decade, Piurek currently serves as director of strategic communications at IU Bloomington. As a graduate of the IU School of Journalism, Piurek helps coordinate media coverage for the university and keeps Hoosiers informed about the teaching, research, and creative activities of IU faculty, students, and staff. Piurek is a Connecticut native who has been living in Bloomington for 15 years, with past experience in newspaper reporting, public relations, marketing, advertising, and copywriting.
- Turkish Language Flagship Center
- IU Summer Language Workshop
- Center for the Study of the Middle East
- Department of Central Eurasian Studies
- Center for Turkic and Iranian Lexicography and Dialectology
- Inner Asian and Uralic National Resource Center
- Center for Language Technology
- Center for the Study of Global Change
- Central Eurasian Studies Collection at IU Libraries
- Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies Collection at IU Libraries