I had one foot in North Korea today. While the student musicians in the IU Chamber Orchestra were busy practicing for the final performance of their historic tour of Seoul, members of the IU delegation here to support them took an early-morning trip to one of the last real remnants of the Cold War and […] Read more »
Welcome to the IU Goes to Asia blog. We hope you will visit this blog often for stories and insights into IU’s trip to this important and rapidly changing region of the world, as well as additional information about IU’s vast international resources and numerous connections to Asia.
On the Ground
A member of IU's communications team for more than a decade, Piurek currently serves as director of strategic communications at IU Bloomington. As a graduate of the IU School of Journalism, Piurek helps coordinate media coverage for the university and keeps Hoosiers informed about the teaching, research, and creative activities of IU faculty, students, and staff. Piurek is a Connecticut native who has been living in Bloomington for 15 years, with past experience in newspaper reporting, public relations, marketing, advertising, and copywriting.
- ANU-IU Pan Asia Institute
- Chinese Flagship Program
- Confucius Institute at IUPUI
- Department of Central Eurasian Studies
- Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- East Asian Collection at IU Libraries
- East Asia National Resource Center Consortium
- East Asian Studies Center
- Korean Language Program at IU
- Research Center for Chinese Politics & Business