Indiana University's Turkish Studies Program in the Department of Central Eurasian Studies will host an international conference on China in the Middle East organized by Dr. Kemal Silay, Ottoman and Modern Turkish Studies Chair, Department of Central Eurasian Studies, Indiana University Bloomington; Dr. Tuğrul Keskin, Middle Eastern Studies, International Studies Program, Portland State University; and Dr. Zan Tao, Turkish Studies, Department of History, Peking University. The program will include the following panels:
- Cultural Exchange between China and the Middle East
- Sino-Turkish Relations: Past and Present
- Sino-Iranian Relations: Past and Present
- Sino-Israeli Relations: Past and Present
- Sino-Arab Relations: Past and Present
- China’s Energy Security Strategy and the Middle East
Scholars and advanced graduate students are encouraged to send a 200-word paper proposal and a CV by Oct. 1, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please contact Dr. Kemal Silay at email@example.com.