Call for proposals
Proposals are not being accepted at this time. For more information about the funding program, contact Shawn Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To encourage and support faculty who wish to generate ongoing teaching and research partnerships, Indiana University and Renmin University of China (RUC) have established a strategic seed fund to initiate cross-institutional collaborations. Each university will contribute US $10,000 or its equivalent in Renminbi each year and commit to encouraging faculty and academic staff to seek support for joint projects from this fund.
The fund is intended to facilitate substantive research collaborations that result in tangible outputs, such as publications and grant applications, within two years of the award date. Applicants are expected to demonstrate the feasibility of their research plan.
Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Visits to engage with research groups to establish new contacts and explore possibilities for future collaboration;
- Preparation of collaborative bids to attract research funding;
- Facilitating internationally co-authored publications;
- Development of new interdisciplinary research programs
- Other items that facilitate the collaboration among researchers at both universities
Applications are open to all social sciences and arts disciplines.