OVPIA is pleased to announce a new scholarship that has been generously funded by gifts from Patrick O’Meara’s colleagues and friends in honor of his memory. The Patrick O’Meara Global Engagement scholarship supports international undergraduate students on any IU campus who demonstrate academic excellence, an interest in global engagement, and financial need. The fund may grant one or two scholarships per year. In the scholarship’s inaugural 21-22 academic year, one Bloomington and one IUPUI student were supported at the level of $1,000 each.
The Patrick O’Meara Global Engagement Scholarship
Learn more about his life and legacy at IU.
The scholarship will not be competed for the 22-23 academic year, but will return in subsequent years as funding allows.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) international student at any IU campus
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate an interest in global engagement while enrolled at IU
How to apply
First, complete a scholarship application form through Atlas by selecting your campus below. Second, select the O’Meara scholarship when asked for a country-specific scholarship using the drop-down list.
Your statement should focus on the following topics:
- Purpose for seeking a US degree
- Explanation of what global engagement means to you and how you have put that into action as an IU student