OVPIA is pleased to announce the first competition for a new scholarship that has been generously funded by gifts from Patrick O’Meara’s colleagues and friends in honor of his memory. The Patrick O’Meara Global Engagement scholarship supports international undergraduate students on any IU campus who demonstrate academic excellence, an interest in global engagement, and financial need. The fund may grant one or two scholarships per year, with an anticipated scholarship amount of $1,000 per student in 2021/22.
Apply for the Patrick O’Meara Global Engagement Scholarship
Learn more about his life and legacy at IU.
Deadline: Friday, August 27, 2021
We are implementing this first competition on an expedited timeline to fund a scholarship for the current academic year.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) international student at any IU campus
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate an interest in global engagement while enrolled at IU
How to apply
First, complete a scholarship application form through Atlas by selecting your campus below. Second, select the O’Meara scholarship when asked for a country-specific scholarship using the drop-down list.
Your statement should focus on the following topics:
- Purpose for seeking a US degree
- Explanation of what global engagement means to you and how you have put that into action as an IU student